Sunday, February 28, 2010

Help... we are in a new house this winter and i saw my first mouse. i have a two year old!?

Some things are not an option. I don't want any poison around b/c he's really good about keeping things out of his mouth but every once in a while...you know... he's 2. So I need to get rid of any mouse in here and keep them away but I don't want any poison aroundHelp... we are in a new house this winter and i saw my first mouse. i have a two year old!?
I am allergic to cats when I bought my house it was with mice field mice. I called an exterminator and he put down black boxes with the green block of poison in it. When you see their droppings are green they are dead. But combat I think has a trap that spins shut once the mouse goes in and you can release it outside, but if it is close to your house they will come right back in as they think that is their own home. My son was 3 when we went through this it was hell for about a month. Oh the sticky traps my son came to me with about half his hand stuck to it and it was hell getting all that **** off but with aid of baby oil that helped. The sticky traps with a 2 year old around don't recommend it!








Good LuckHelp... we are in a new house this winter and i saw my first mouse. i have a two year old!?
Do you have a cat? Try using hedge balls. or hedge apples. They are a green bumpy ball that looks like a grannie smith apple that has the mumps. get a few and put them around the house. After a while they will start to age with time. They will turn brown to black and shrink. That is a good thing for that to happen. Put them onto a plastic butter top if you have an extra one or two. They will stain from what I was told. You just want to protect whatever your going to set the ball on. They give off an odor to the pests and it will deture them from the house. You can't smell them. DON'T THROW THEM AWAY WHEN THEY LOOK ROTTEN! that's when the magic begins. Replace them with new ones around every 6 months to 1 year. Just keep the old ones around. I've gotton 8 at one time because of a mouse that i saw 2 years ago. The mice are going where its warm. You can put the balls anywhere so you don't have to worry about the little one. You could also try the sticky traps. Hope that helps. The hedge balls also help with spiders. Google Hedge apples or balls. Hope that helps.
Use a snap trap. Bait it with a bit of peanut butter and put it under your counters or somewhere your two year old can't get to it. Or you could use a live trap - I use the Tin Cat. Mice can go in but cannot get back out again. I have actually caught 14 mice in one night. Take the trap to a park or field away from your house and turn the mice loose. We took ours to the park and the ducks chased and ate them. Who knew ducks liked mice?
you could use traps. spring action traps if you want it dead or glue traps if you want to catch it alive and use it for whatever. i personally just leave acid in sugar cubes laying around my house. the mice trip so much balls they go into an infinite acid coma and they don't hassle me anymore. plus, when i feel like it i just eat a sugar cube or two and explore my subconscious. good luck.
You should seriously consider getting a cat. Otherwise you can put some mouse poison in a place the kid can't get to but the mouse can. Or call an exterminator.
Get a cat! There are also ';sticky'; mousetraps you can hide in places mice go. Your child is not likely to get into them, but if so, they are completely non toxic.
Try a humane trap ( some pet store rent them.) Then you can release the mouse far away from your house.
True...get a cat. 1 cat = no mice (despite what cartoons have taught us).


Keep the kid away from the litter box (cat waste can cause allergies to kids).
D-Con No-See, No-Touch Mouse Trap

No comments:

Post a Comment