Sunday, February 28, 2010

Painting my new house?

OK so me and my husband just bought a house and we need to paint and carpet the whole thing. Plus tile in the kitchen and bathrooms! so i have been looking around on the web trying to get an idea or some colors that would look good threw out the whole house. Should i stick to similar colors or can every room be different i have no idea? I need pictures to go by with designs and other stuff. Thanks for your help!!Painting my new house?
You can definitely have different colors in different rooms. It's easiest if you have a distinct stopping point between color changes, such as an inside or outside corner. What I did in my house was to paint all of the common areas, such as hallways, stairwell, etc in Antique White. The bedrooms are all different colors, as is the kitchen and the bathrooms. I put up a chair rail in the living room/dining room, and painted below the rail a deep burgundy to set it off. Each room has a different feel, which I was going for. There are thousands of possible colors out there, so feel free to express yourself. Bold colors will take a minimum of 2 coats, even if you prime first. Hope this helps.Painting my new house?
You can certainly have a totally different color and theme for each room, if you so choose.......................I love colors and I'm kinda creative so I would have a ball decorating a house..........good luck........
1st I would open up all the blinds, curtains, ~whatever %26amp; let in some sunlight in the morning %26amp; leave them open all day. That way you can see what the room looks as the day goes by. This helps alot when deciding on color.





If the room gets alot of light %26amp; you like it, go an off white color. If you dont, then go darker. Or you might see a color the walls turn from the light coming in thru the day ~ (this is how I found the color I liked for my living room ~ off white light grey color).


Then go to Home Depot or Lowe's, or some paint store and pick up a bunch of those little samples they have on the racks.





Also, look at the furniture you're going to place in the room. What colors are they? Write down the colors per room ~ ie Living Room: couch (tan), coffee table (medium stain) love seat (brown), etc.





For instance, say you have a blue armchair %26amp; a tan/khaki couch ~ you could do a beach theme or something with red %26amp; lighthouses and go coastal.





Also look at how the house is set up. If the kitchen flows into the dining area (no separation) then the areas need to flow a little bit together. If the rooms are separated, then you have a little more choice as to colors, themes, or look you're wanting. Drawing a floor plan also helps here. Not just to figure out how the house sits but how to place furniture as well.





Also think of things you like to do too. Maybe being outdoors %26amp; taking a walk on a trail or relaxing at the beach, maybe watching sports. Make a list.





After looking at these things, then I'd start looking for color. There's places all over online that can help you find the look that you're looking for.





I've found a bunch since Im so open~minded to everything. I have them saved on my Favorites ~ asian, contemporary, industrial, as well as themes or looks for my 3 boys ages 9 %26amp; down. So if you need a link or two that I have, let me know, I'll email them to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment