Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New house....new room...please help me.?

hey well I am movin into a new house... HOW SHOULD I DECORATE IT... i love colorful things...and im also scene...so i want like a punkish look with a peaceful color to the eyes... also I love anime and manga so i was think about getting pictures of my fav anime/manga and put them in frames and hang them up...or have glow in the dark stick on stars to put on the ceiling... I love the night sky ^_^ any help?New house....new room...please help me.?
Oooh...I love decorating a new area!!!





Speaking of the stars on the ceiling, I did that in one of my early apartments. I got several packages of the stars and got a real star map and spaced the stars in the same constellations as in the diagram of the northern hemisphere with the North Star (Polaris) directly overhead in the middle of the ceiling. I never said anything and waited until any of my friends figured it out...eventually, I got an awesome reaction when I had a group of friends over and they figured out that with the lights out my ceiling was the same as standing outside and looking up!!! (well, sorta...)





Have fun!New house....new room...please help me.?
The glow in the dark stars are fun and youthful, but are very difficult to remove when you realize you want a more mature look.





Peaceful colors for a bedroom are soft aqua blues like the sea, soft azure blues like the sky, and soft sage greens like the color of leaves. All are psychologically restfull. Avoid red, purple, orange, and bright yellow on the walls.





Save the punk for accent pieces like shades, pillows, and throws.
Well...the trick to decorating is to go with something you will like always, if not always then decorations that are easy to replace with something else.





You can get glow in the dark paint at places like Lowes and Menards.





Have you tried finding some of your favorite colors in the paint sample things? I'm a green person myself, so whenever i find a shade of green yellow that i like in the paint swatches at the stores, like walmart and so on, i pick them up and save them, then compare all of them to see which is the best. SO you could try that.





Also, don't forget to go with what YOU like...if you don't like it then what's the point?





i hope i've helped!
that sounds like fun. I just redid my room and found a site called myframestore.com, they let me upload my pics and see how it would look in a particular frame. I also used tips from the hgtv.

No comments:

Post a Comment