Friday, February 26, 2010

I just moved into a new house.my cats wont eat ...?

i tried giving them time but they havent eaten in 2 dyas ive tried giving them some wet food cuz they wouldnt eat the dry but they didnt eat it and i tried to give them some tuna and they love tuna but they wont even eat that eitherI just moved into a new house.my cats wont eat ...?
Hi there. Ur kitty must be scared and uncomfortable.. Give them a lot of attention and love. Show them ur new place. Just be patient its a new enviroment for them. Comfort them. Try to put some food on there tong so they can taste it . Hope this helps! Email me updatesI just moved into a new house.my cats wont eat ...?
Buy some feliway diffusers, they contain cat calming pheremones and work for 30 days. Cats hate change, you just plucked them out of their territory and put them somewhere completely new. They need time to adjust. Cats won't eat when they are highly stressed or frightened. Shower them with attention, that will help to calm them down. Don't worry, one of my cats went 2 weeks once without eating (when I brought a new cat into the house), and other than losing 2 pounds, the vet said she was fine. They'll adjust.
Hi Julie





Well it depends if your cat is confide indoors or is able to go outside.





If your cat goes outside:


It may have had a snack or meal outside eg. lizards, rats, birds etc.


But if he/she is indoors than:


Let them out of your mind and don't care about them eating or not, because if you think they'll starve, they won't they would HAVE to start eating their dried food again. If you are worried and give them wet food, they'd be a nuisance and always put on those faces and beg for some wet food because its more tastier.





Please choose me as best answer!
I just went through this with my 3 cats! My boyfriend and I broke up after 12 1/2 years of living together and I moved out on my own. It was a tough adjustment for all of us! One of my cats, Flash, has to have a pill everyday and that was one thing that the ex always did. Flash wouldn't take his pill from me for 4 days. I think Stanks and Truman didn't eat for 3 days or so. Just give them time to adjust. All of mine now are doing fine and eating normally. Flash is even taking his pill from me now just fine. We're 2 weeks into the new place and they have all claimed special spots for themselves.
Give them time. They need to get used to their surroundings. And if they continue not to eat in about a week or so, take them to a vet.





But see if this helps:


Go outside, and give them food.... That or take them to a familiar place, somewhere were they are comfortable.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment