Sunday, February 28, 2010

Would you buy a new house? if so, why? if no, why not?

No, I buy lots of them, but HATE new houses.





They need to be at least 30-40 years old. New homes are built so shabbily it is amazing that anyone would buy them. the only ones worth anything are custom built homes, those tend to use skilled labors and decent materials.





I also like older homes because they have landscaping and charactor, all of the previous families put some part of themselves into the homes, giving them a charm exclusive to that house.Would you buy a new house? if so, why? if no, why not?
No I'd rather have an older house because not only are they built a lot better but they are more likely to have bigger rooms and you will have a much bigger garden. New houses are okay, and yes you might get your downstairs cloakroom and your en suite to the master bedroom. But older houses have more character and are more structurally soundWould you buy a new house? if so, why? if no, why not?
i would buy any house if i had the money to do it
A new house and I'd apply for a sub prime mortgage!
No. Old houses have more character and are built better. So many people I know have bought new houses because it's the fashionable thing to do but have had problems. Design faults, cracks in walls, loose windows are things I hear about. Also terrible quality turf and soil. And they all look the same. Boring!
If you mean a new build NO! Never.





They are badly built in no time at all.





My Father has been building houses for 40 years and he will not buy one. To me that says it all.





Developers want them up quick, they cut costs and do not bother with details.
No, unless I knew a great deal about it. They tend to be jerry-built and could be sited on contaminated land.
No, older houses are built better.
i would never buy a house here in england.





rip off, plain and simple
I would rather buy a new house because it doesn't require much maintenance work for at lease 10 years. Old house tends to have more repair works, unless you're a handy man, go for a new one.
If you mean new as a new build, yes, of course. We do it all the time. Just moved into our 3rd build in 14 yrs. I love it because you have all the power to make the choices you want, how many square ft., layout, flooring, appliances....everything. Our homes have all been custom with quality workmanship and detail. I have never been able to bring myself to buy a used home and loathe renovations.
No never. They don't have as much space as older houses, they all look the same and they aren't built to last.
i would rather buy a new house if it was the same price and same location as a ';used'; house. i just bought my own house and its from 1959 but its still a great house. I would rather have a new house because most new houses have central air and have everything still in working condition and i wouldnt have to fix it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment